Education plays a vital role in the development of any nation. Therefore, there is a premium on both quantity (increased access) and quality (relevance and excellence of academic programmes offered) of higher education. The National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC) An Autonomous Institution of University Grants Commission (UGC) has been set up to facilitate the volunteering institutions to assess their performance vis-a-vis set parameters through introspection and a process that provides space for participation of the institution.
The Accreditation facilitates
- institution to know its strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities through an informed review process.
- identification of internal areas of planning and resource allocation
- collegiality on the campus.
- funding agencies look for objective data for performance funding.
- institutions to initiate innovative and modern methods of pedagogy.
- new sense of direction and identity for institutions.
- the society look for reliable information on quality education offered.
- employers look for reliable information on the quality of education offered to the prospective recruits.
- intra and inter-institutional interactions.
The Central University of Haryana is committed for NAAC Accreditation and shall submit its SSR online by 31st October 2015. For more details about NAAC please visit http://www.naac.gov.in