Group for the Promotion of Culture, Arts & Heritage
“Science gives us order in thoughts; morality gives us order in actions; art gives us order in the apprehension of visible, tangible and audible appearances.” Ernst Cassirer
To develop wholesome personality of learners.
To provide a platform to students for developing artistic and creative expression through a variety of outlets: formal theatrical performances, dance, music, festival celebrations, cultural exchange programmes and visit to places of national importance.
- Joining the educational offer of the university with cultural programmes.
- Cultivating sensitiveness and more expressiveness for personality development and life quality standards
- Strengthening cultural values and preserving heritage.
- Providing a platform to students , teachers and interested members from the society to exhibit the creative art work.
- Bringing together professionals and students of different cultures to organize and develop activities in the artistic fields of interest.
The group recognizes the comprehensive role of art as an expression of the cultural values of a society and works towards preserving these expressions for the benefit of future generations.
Activities conducted by the Group for the Promotion of Arts, Culture and Heritage from January 2014 to August 2015:
- The group hired the services of a music instructor from November, 2014 to March, 2015 to train the students in playing guitar and singing.
- The group celebrated Foundation Day on 24th February, 2015.
- Organised orientation programmes.
- Organised Cultural evenings.
- Organised symposium.
- Organised Extemporary competition.