Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
“A clean India would be the best tribute India could pay to Mahatma Gandhi on his 150 birth anniversary in 2019,”
Shri Narendra Modi
Swachh Bharat Mission was launched throughout length and breadth of the country as a national movement by Shri Narendra Modi at Rajpath in New Delhi on 2nd October 2014. In signature tune with the mission of country leadership Central University of Haryana under its’ visionary leadership established Swachh Bharat Abhiyan on August 17, 2015 to make the University campus and neighborhood clean, green and hygienic.
- To create a sense of responsibility among citizens of nearby areas and university fraternity regarding sanitation and hygiene.
- To sensitize masses regarding health benefits due to cleanliness.
- To make competent volunteer who can further motivate others regarding cleanliness and sanitation.
- To change the attitude of people through various awareness media like Street play, Campaigns and Exhibition.
- To raise the issue of cleanliness loudly so that it can be heard by every nook and corner of society.
- To sensitize masses regarding significance of sanitation and hygiene especially for women and children.
- For generating awareness among masses regarding cleanliness one mega event with NSS volunteers in the adopted village of University Malra was organized on 24 Sept. 2015. Around 300 students of University and School participated in the campaign.
- Check list containing different cleanliness aspects was prepared by the Swachh Bharat committee’s members and distributed to all the departments. Every department nominated 5 students from their department for Swachh Bharat and one Teacher Incharge for this. Check list were given to all nominated students of the department and they were
countersigned by their teacher incharge. These check list were submitted to Swach Bharat team every Friday.
- NSS and YRC students were integral part of Swach Bharat. They were appointed as supervisors of every floor. Their duties were to supervise the floors and water closets and to provide information on weekly bases.
- To upkeep and cleaning of offices including common areas following items were purchased
- Floor cleaning machines
- Deep Cleaning Machine
- Wet Vacuum cleaner
- For upkeep and cleaning of areas outside the offices including hostels weekly washing of floors and fogging in hostels were done.
- More dustbins (12 in number) of different nature floor mounting, self-standing having capacity of 100 liters were placed at prominent places of campus.
- More dual dustbins (8 in number) of fixed type were also placed at different places of the campus to make the campus clean.
- For generating awareness among masses street plays were organized in adopted villages of University.
- Dr. Renu Yadav, Coordinator , Dept. of Education
- Dr. A. P. Sharma, Dept. of Management Studies
- Dr. Diensh Chahal, Dept. of Education
- Ms. Shelly Duggal, Dept. of Hotel Management and Tourism
- Mr. Satypal Malik