Central University of Haryana
Ek Bharat Shresth Bharat
“To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our country”.
The initiative ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ was announced by Hon'ble Prime Minister on 31st October, 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Through this innovative measure, the knowledge of the culture, traditions and practices of different states & UTs will lead to an enhanced understanding and bonding between the states, thereby strengthening the unity and integrity of India.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme (EBSB) aims to enhance interaction & promote mutual understanding between people of different states/UTs through the concept of state/UT pairing. The states carry out activities to promote a sustained and structured cultural connect in the areas of language learning, culture, traditions & music, tourism & cuisine, sports and sharing of best practices, etc.
- To CELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country.
- To PROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States.
- To SHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity.
- To ESTABLISH long-term engagements between States and Union Territories.
- To CREATE an environment that fosters a tradition of learning among the states
Activities Conducted in University
Suggested Activities for EBSB
- Translation of at least 5 award winning Books, 5 award winning songs of one state in the language of partnering state.
- Identification of proverbs having similar meaning in the languages of the two States and their translation and dissemination for interchangeable use.
- Organisation of cultural exchange programmes between partnering States with the help of troupes identified in the home state through cultural competitions.
- Exchange programmes for writers and poets etc. in the form of literary festivals.
- Organisation of culinary festivals/food festival with opportunity to learn culinary practices of partner State.
- Organisation of educational / academic tour by university students reciprocally in the partnering states to bring out salient features of that state.
- Organisation of promotion of home stay culture for visitors from partnering states.
- Promotion of Rajya darshan programmes for tourists from partnering states.
- Organising familiarization tours for the tour operators of one state by the partnering state.
- Encouraging the administration of oaths/pledges in the languages of the pairing states.
- Organising essay competition among students in the language of the partnering state.
- Organising optional classes, where feasible, for learning the language of the partnering state.
- Organising state in the educational institutions of the partnering state.
- Participation of parade drama(s) of other contingents from one state in the ceremonial functions of the partnering state.
- Telecasting / broadcasting of programmes of one state on the regional TV/ radio channels of partnering states.
- Organising film festivals of the films of the partnering State with sub-titles in local language of the State.
- Encouraging fashion shows based on the attire of the partner state and of frequent wearing of attire of the partnering state by the students and people of the state.
- Organising National quiz competition in various languages.
- Organising Blog competitions on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Organising NCC, NSS Camps of students of one State at the locations in the partnering State.
- Organising sports events among the students focussing on the sports played in paired states.
- Organising of Youth Festivals by selected institutes and inviting paired state’s institutes to get familiar with different cultures and traditions.
- Organising film festivals in the state with sub-titles in the language of the partnering state.
- Promoting dance/ music of the paired state trough different competitions and festivals.
- Display of local crafts and handlooms of paired state in cultural festivals and events.
- Making of project note book/ scrap book of the paired state.
- Celebration of Annual-day/Statehood Day of the paired state.
- Dissemination of Information about the monuments and tourist places of the paired state through exhibitions and travel marts, tourism exchanges.
- Formation of EBSB clubs and celebration of EBSB days.
- Webinar on topics related to National or the paired states’ importance, academic importance, etc.
- Observation of EBSB Days online, in which EBSB Club members can teach each other songs / dance/ cuisine of their Paired State
- Online quiz on various aspects of Partner State
- Formation of WhatsApp Buddies/ Skype Buddies from among students of the paired institutions
- Dissemination of Information about paired state’s food, culture, language, festivals, flora and fauna etc. through videos/ YouTube channels.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Meena (Convener and Nodal officer)
- Dr. Shri Ram Pandey
- Dr. Vidhyullatha Reddy
- Dr. Ajay Kumar
- Dr. Ajay Kumar Sahoo
- Dr. Vikas Siwach