To develop enlightened citizenship of a knowledge society for peace and prosperity of individuals, nation and the world, through promotion of innovation, creative endeavours, and scholarly inquiry.
To serve as a beacon of change, through multi-disciplinary learning, for creation of knowledge community, by building a strong character and nurturing a value-based transparent work ethics, promoting creative and critical thinking for holistic development and self-sustenance for the people of India. The University seeks to achieve this objective by cultivating an environment of excellence in teaching, research and innovation in pure and applied areas of learning.
The Blueprint & the Roadmap for Future
To put the institution on a high growth trajectory for achieving excellence in academics, research and innovations, University leadership has charted out the holistic roadmap to be pursued in the coming years.
- Some of the thrust areas that University proposes to focus on priority include—
- Identifying the prospective areas requiring immediate attention for creating vibrant academic and research environment and to review all the ongoing projects in the institution. Priority will be given for NAAC accreditation of the university.
- Making the website a repository of all the available information, facilities, resources and opportunities that the University offers so that the stakeholders of the University are not deterred by any barriers of geographical location while accessing the relevant information. Open educational resources (OERs), Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and resources available under ‘Creative Commons’ license will be linked to provide vast pool of useful and supplementary material to the students. MOOCs will offer the students anytime-anywhere learning environment, which is becoming increasingly popular as one of the most effective tools for knowledge sharing and dissemination.
- Establishing credible open forums for interaction with the teaching, learning and the non-teaching community to understand their needs, demands and aspirations to see the desired change.
- Establishment of University Development Corpus Fund to create a corpus for funding, supporting and sustaining academic and research initiatives of various in- house Centres and Institutes, faculty members, research scholars and students. The corpus will involve generation of funds from but not restricted to:
- Alumni Endowments
- Overhead grant from Extramural Research grants
- Patents and technology transfer
- Grant from International bodies under their social and academic initiatives
- Special initiatives and programs for differently-abled and disadvantaged students to realise the vision of inclusive quality education. All efforts shall be made to make the campus differently-abled and disadvantaged-friendly as per the requirements and guidelines of Government of India. A duly constituted special cell shall initiate affirmative action and monitoring of progress of all such programs towards equal opportunity to all the students even for exploring the possibilities to create and generate employment opportunities. Grants and aid will also be provided to deserving students for enhancing their employability skills.
- Equal Opportunity Cell will ensure that all sections of the students are provided appropriate support; and special initiatives will be undertaken for bringing students of the backward and underprivileged sections at par with others to offer them a level playing field for competition.